This will be my second year running the Pikes Peak Ascent. 2017 was my first year and I completed the race in 3 hours 52 minutes and 56 seconds. My goal this year is to take 30 minutes off that time.
How am I going to take 30 minutes off my time? Put in the work!!
Put in the work plan:
- Sunday – Run with the Incline Club
- Monday – Upper body workout at the gym
- Tuesday – Morning run with the Attack Pack
- Wednesday – 2-hour run (Time on my feet)
- Thursday – Morning run with the Attack Pack and Lower body workout at the gym
- Friday – 2-hour run
- Saturday – Short easy run
As it starts warming up the 2-hour runs are going to be at high altitude. To improve on my time I need to put in more work at or above tree line. I did not die above tree line last year, but I definitely felt the struggle getting up the mountain.
Make sure you stay tuned as I will be blogging about my training each day.